Yep, flagstones. These were the first five, but since this photo was taken I have found 12 more. How you say? By shoving the shovel in the dirt and hitting rock. The jarring that my shoulder has taken is not even funny. We figure these stones were placed by the original owner 46 years ago. They were buried 4 inches down, in clay! The irises have all been transplanted. Ten (10) 40 pound bags of top soil has been added and Ten (10) 2 cubic foot bags of black mulch has to be added. Once that is done I am going to use the flagstones as paths between the irises so that dogs can walk on the stones and not my irises. I have no race this weekend, so the mulch will be laid between rainstorms. Oh goodie, more humidity (heavy sigh). The kind of humidity we are having is just like in Florida right after one of those daily afternoon 5 minute rain showers. UGH!!! I am doing all this work myself because Mom is 80 and she does not need 1- to get hurt and 2- to drop from heat stroke. I still have to find room for 2 hollyhock plants that I bought at the local garden club's annual fundraiser and 3 yellow snowdrop plants (new to me, have to read online about them).
Iris construction area.
Ok, enough of the complaining, Advil is calling my name.
Have a great weekend;
Joanne



No comments:
Post a Comment